Last updated January 8th, 2021
Pinpointt Launch LLC’s mission, via “PracticeCompetition.com,” is to share a fresh and innovative way of practicing for competition math with the world. Ensuring customers' privacy is important to us in maintaining that trust.
This policy does not apply to websites or services or practices of companies that Pinpointt Launch LLC doesn’t own or control, such as third party services customers might access through links or other features (e.g., social media buttons) on the Service. These other services have their own privacy policies, and we encourage parents to review them before providing them with personal information.
What is PracticeCompetition.com?
PracticeCompetition.com is a platform that provides interactive online math practice tests, in a format where customers can enhance their math problem solving skills and practice for math competitions at their own pace. PracticeCompetition.com is a product of Pinpointt Launch LLC.
Customers access the Service using the Service Website, the customer (some parts visible without needing to sign up for a customer account) may view concepts via video, answer questions via the platform which will be collected by Pinpointt Launch LLC.
More information on how the Service operates is located here and your participation and use of the Service is governed by our Terms of Service (“Terms”).
What information does Pinpointt Launch LLC collect from children?
Pinpointt Launch LLC collects the very minimal amount of information from customers necessary to work or create accounts on our Service. Where customers have permission to use Pinpointt Launch LLC, we collect their or their parents email address, unique username, and password.
In addition to the information listed above, we automatically collect some information from any use of our Service as set forth in the "Information collected automatically" section.
What Children’s Information is Visible to Others?
None of the information is shared with others.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child who has created a Service account, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have that account deleted.
Any parents that want copies of their children’s platform usage information that we may have stored can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Information collected automatically
The technologies and information we automatically collect include:
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
- We collect device-specific information such as customers’ operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers. This helps us measure how the Service is performing, improve the Service for customers on their particular device, and send customers push notifications if they’ve opted in to receive them.
- When customers use our Service, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This information helps us make decisions about what we should work on next. Examples include things like:
- Details of how customers used our service, such as their activity on the Service, and the frequency and duration of their visits to the Service Website
- IP Address
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of their request and referral URL
- Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
How does Pinpointt Launch LLC use the customer information it collects?
First and foremost, you should know that Pinpointt Launch LLC does not collect or sell or rent any customers personal information to any third party for any purpose - including for advertising or marketing purposes. Targeted advertising is not permitted on the Service. We use the information we collect from customers to provide them with the best experience. More specifically, this information is used:
- To provide our Services, to communicate with customers of our Services, to respond to inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To provide customers with information and reports about customer performance and use of the Site and Services.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to customers, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize customer experiences while using the Site or Services.
- To better understand how customers access and use our Site and Services, on an aggregated or de-identified basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
Will Pinpointt Launch LLC share any student information it collects?
We post testimonials on our Service which may contain personal information such as the name, photo and/or a video of the individual in the testimonial. We obtain the individual’s consent in advance to ensure we have permission to post this content publicly. To request removal of a student’s personal information from our testimonials, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use analytics services, to help us understand and improve how the Service is being used. These services may collect, store and use information in order to help us understand things like how often customers use the Service, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and from where the application was downloaded.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, including with users, partners or the press in order to, for example, demonstrate how the Service is used, spot industry trends, or to provide marketing materials for Pinpointt Launch LLC. Any aggregated information shared this way will not contain any personal information.
We may disclose personal information if we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to comply with the law, such as complying with a subpoena or other legal process. We may need to disclose personal information where, in good faith, we think it is necessary to to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pinpointt Launch LLC, our employees, our community, or others, or to prevent violations of our Terms of Service or other agreements. This includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection or responding to government requests.
In the unlikely event that Pinpointt Launch LLC goes out of business, or files for bankruptcy, we will protect customers’ personal information, and will not sell it to any third party.
We will never sell or rent customers’ personal information to advertisers or other third parties.
How does Pinpointt Launch LLC protect and secure customer information?
The security of customers’ personal information is important to us. We work hard to protect our community, and we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure of or access to personal information. In particular:
- Our engineering team is dedicated to keeping customers’ personal information secure
- We continually develop and implement features to keep customers’ personal information safe - for example, when customers enter any information anywhere on the Service, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL/TLS) by default
- We ensure passwords are stored and transferred securely using encryption and salted hashing
Although we make concerted good faith efforts to maintain the security of personal information, and we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our systems, no practices are 100% immune, and we can’t guarantee the security of information. Outages, attacks, human error, system failure, unauthorized use or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. If we learn of a security breach, we will attempt to notify teachers electronically (subject to any applicable laws) so that they can take appropriate protective steps; for example, we may post a notice on our homepage (practicecompetition.com) or elsewhere on the Service, and may send email to teachers/parents at the email address they have provided to us.
How can I delete my account?
If you ever want to delete your account, you can do that at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. When you delete your account, we delete all your progress data and performance metrics along with it.
How long does Pinpointt Launch LLC keep information about customers?
We store customers’ personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide products and Services to customers. Personal information associated with customers’ accounts will be kept until their account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services, in which case we will delete prior to customers deleting their account.
How can I contact Pinpointt Launch LLC with questions?
Pinpointt Launch LLC
300 Carnegie Center Dr
Princeton, NJ 08540
Attention: Privacy Agent